Jackson County Public Libraries response to COVID-19
Safety is Our Priority
The JCPL is doing its part to help combat the spread of COVID-19. In the interest of public health, we will be operating under increased safety guidelines until further notice.
- In response to Governor Jim Justice’s mask mandate, face coverings are now required in JCPL buildings. In accordance with the mandate, this requirement does not apply to children under the age of 9 or those with health conditions which prevent them from wearing masks.
- Face coverings must be made of tightly-woven fabric, and cover the mouth and nose at all times.
- The JCPL does not provide masks for patrons, free masks can be obtained from the Jackson County Health Department.
- If you cannot wear a mask, please consider our curbside pickup options.
- The libraries will operate under reduced winter hours until further notice. Please see our hours page for details.
- The number of patrons allowed inside each branch will be limited. This is a limit of 8 at the Ripley branch, and 6 at the Ravenswood branch.
- Maintaining proper social distancing of 6ft will be required, in addition to the mask mandate.
- Patron computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes. No extensions will be given at this time.
- Both curbside pickup and limited-contact inside pickup will be available for patrons. Contact your preferred branch to request your items, and for more details on our new pickup options.
Ripley: (304) 372- 5343 Ravenswood: (304) 273-5343
- All in-house programs and meetings have been suspended until further notice. We will reassess whether programs can be held safely on the first of each month.
- Any late fees which may have accumulated during our closure will be waived. This does not apply to any fines or fees which may have incurred before our closure our after our re-opening.
- If your group has used the libraries for meetings: our meeting room policy has been updated. You must contact the library to fill out a new meeting room form before using the library for meetings. Note, our meeting rooms will remain unavailable until at least September 1, 2020.