Meeting Room Policy
(Originally approved 12-9-1981, revised 3-20-1991 and 11/2003)
The meeting rooms of the Jackson County Public Library will be used primarily for the
programs of the library. As a service of the library, these rooms may be used by qualified
groups and organizations as set forth in the following guidelines:
- Library sponsored activities are give priority in scheduling use of the meeting room.
Sufficent notice will be given to any group whose scheduled use of the room conflicts with
a library sponsored activity.
- The meeting room is available for public gatherings of a civic, cultural, or educational
nature. All non-profit organizations are guaranteed free use of the meeting room. Any for-profit
group shall pay the library $10.00/per hour for use of the meeting room.
- Authority for use of the meeting room will rest with the Library Board of Trustees to be
administered by the County Librarian.
- Groups composed of minors (under 18 years of age) must have adult supervision.
- In reserving use of the meeting room, the person or organization making the reservation
must take responsibility for the proper conduct of those attending and for leaving the room
clean and in order.
- An authorized member of the library staff must open and close the building if the meeting
goes beyond regular hours. The staff member must inspect the room after each meeting.