- Ravenswood’s Teen Advisory Board meets on the third Thursday of each month.
- Contribute ideas to the library and give back to the community with a mix of crafts, community service, and, of course snacks :).
Ripley’s Teen Advisory Board of Omnipresent Overlords has begun meeting with a new group! Now is the time to join in on the fun the teens make in your library! Every Wednesday @4pm!
- Make friends and have fun playing 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons!
- Interested in running a game? Being a Dungeon Master is difficult, yet rewarding. Learn leadership skills, public speaking, and improvisation all while having a fun creative outlet! Contact either library if you’re interested!
- You can also call either location to get more info on any current campaigns we may have running!
Be sure to check out our general resources page for more links to information on dozens of subjects!
- Khan Academy
- Golden standard for online education. Hundreds of free lessons covering dozens of subjects. 100% free self-paced education. With more than 100,000 interactive exercises, they’ll make sure you know your stuff – at least when it comes to the stuff you want to know.
- Digital History
- A Research Guide for Students
- Provides information and support which equips people with a strong foundation in financial literacy, including budgeting and saving, paying off debt, planning for retirement, and investing.
- Covers things like: When students will fill out a FAFSA request, Merit-based scholarships, How student loans work, Planning for life after college, and much more.
- Financial literacy resources
- Their goal is to work collaboratively toward an effective financial education.
- The Mint
- Tool for figuring out finances. Cover severything you could want to know, from earning and saving, to investing and safeguarding.
- The Jackson County Libraries accept volunteers over 16 years of age.
- Develop trade skills, increase your knowledge, strengthen your community, and build your resume.
- To qualify, please print out and complete our volunteer form, or pick one up at one of our branches.